Monday 18 October 2010

Snag fishing at Rainbow



I´ve just returned from a week session at Rainbow. Since I´ve start fishing the lake I love the place. The lake is beautiful, has got the right atmosphere and of course big carp! This time I was situated in one of the most snaggy areas of the lake. From a session earlier in the year I knew that I only had a couple of little spots to fish to. That made me decide to fish the small piece of the big island – what was my water in 17 – only with two rods.

In the spring I started with four rods and found out that I only could get takes on two of them. So I thought it would be better to get les lines into the snags. After an early wake up I was already fishing within an hour after the guys to my left had gone home. Because the guys around me were not fishing yet I was hoping to get un early take. So far I never had a take within the first hours at Rainbow. Only an half on hour later happened  were I was hoping for – the first rod went – and I could land my first fish of the session. When I saw the fish I knew directly that it was a good fifty. What a start!


 During the hole week I could manage to catch fish every day. Later in the week I tried a third rod on several spots but again I could only get takes on the two hot spots. The most funny thing about this session  was that I fished with very sweet Top Banana boilies and I didn’t caught a single mirror during hole the week. All of my fish were commons! 
 

Arjen Uitbeijerse

No comments: