Monday 4 October 2010

Rainbow Whackers!

Rainbow Lake is simply in another league when it comes to sheer amounts of big carp. September saw so many big carp banked that I think it probably broke all sorts of records! The great thing was that the the Solar team made up many of the anglers fishing at the time. There's no doubt that the Club Mix has been the number one bait at Rainbow for some time now and it never fails to produce the goods.
I was back in swim 18 for another two week session - only my second trip of the year, but right from the off the fish were out there and they were hungry! Literally every day of the trip brought action of some sort and normally with a big fish or two amongst them. Martin and Alfonse were getting amongst them too in 19 and especially Alfonse who was having the trip of a lifetime with fish to over 70lb (nice one Alfonse). Meanwhile Pidge and Steve in swim 5 were stacking them up too with something like 12 fish over 50lb!!
The island margins hold most of the hot spots in swim 18 and you have to get fairly close to the snags but the fish this time were pulling harder than ever and just to be on the safe side I fished a little further away and in slightly deeper water, but it seemed like the fish wanted the food and just followed it to where it was!
The best combination for me was a mixture of 14mm and 18mm Club Mix boilies along with Red Herring pellets, it's just a personal thing but it has worked really well for me. Double baits on the size 4 Stronghold Long Shanks accounted for every fish I banked. It was another great Rainbow session and great to be down there with all the lads. Roll on the next trip!!!
Keep catchin 'em - Briggsy

1 comment:

Carp Fishing said...

I love carp fishing and I am very interested in knowing any information on them. and your blog really very informative . me I really enjoy your posts keep it up and I am waiting for more pictures keep it up and thanks for sharing. And carpbuddy.com is a site that provides lots of carp fishing news, carp fishing articles, carp fishing tackle reviews.